Monday, November 3, 2014

10 reasons why Fall is my favorite!

Hey guys, Julia here! This past month has been awesome! Our family friends from Illinois (as well as the Cassady’s) came for my birthday party and the balloon fiesta.

My birthday party theme was Murder under the Big Top. It’s a mystery party we bought off of http://nightofmystery.com/ . The packs are a little expensive but they make very fun parties; I was tied between Murder under the Big top (a circus), a pirate one, and an eighties class reunion one. Ultimately I picked the circus because I got to be and acrobat!
 
The balloon fiesta was pretty cool. The balloons never went up but we saw some pretty cool balloons. My favorites were a rainbow one, Spider Pig, and the dead cat.



From left to right:
Bailey the Lion Tamer
Julia the Acrobat
Avery the Tightrope walker

Avery, Bailey, and I made this awesome
ticket booth by taking a really big box,
painting it white, and duct taping it
for the stripes.

Balloon fiesta!
 
 
 
10 reasons why Fall is my favorite!

My Anna costume turned out awesome!
1. My birthday!
Obviously.
2. Crisp air and colorful leaves!
Especially when I lived in Illinois, it was cold, and colorful! A little less here in New Mexico, so that's something I'm going to miss.
3. Fall clothes!
Oversized sweaters, jeans, boots, and scarves! I love it!
4. Apple orchards and pumpkin patches!
In Illinois there was an apple orchard we went to every Fall. Now here in New Mexico, they have a few cool pumpkin patches.
5. Pumpkin carving!
This year I carved a pumpkin all by myself for the first time (It was Olaf)
6. Making costumes!
We always make our costumes.
Thrift shopping, fabric shopping, sewing, and painting. Always fun!
7. Trick-or-treating!
Yes, I know. I’m 13; most people my age think they’re too old for trick-or-treating. I actually had someone say to me (when I was reaching for candy) “No, not you, you’re like 24!”
8. Trading candy!
A Halloween tradition. Trade candy you don’t like (tootsie rolls, dots, etc.) for candy you do like (Reese's, jolly rancher suckers, etc.)
 9. Balloon Fiesta!

Something fun to look forward to every fall

10. Thanksgiving!

Getting to eat raspberry jello, sweet potato soufflé, ham, and turkey! What could be better?

What do you love about fall? Let us know in the comments!!
See you next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment