Monday, August 4, 2014

Where Is God When I'm Worried?


Where is God When I’m Worried?


 

Hey, this is Emma, here with my first blog post!

This past weekend we met with Kate, Julia and the rest of their family to go camping. We grilled out, swam, hiked and me and Kate slept under the stars. Well, until we realized that sprinklers were going off across our campsite. Luckily, we didn’t get wet!

We decided to go hiking on the second day, and so we all loaded up in my family’s RV.  I was sitting with my back to the windshield, but all of a sudden, I heard the adults talking in sort of panicked voices. About a minute later, we were all rushing out.

My dad had driven into a parking lot, not knowing that there was a little dip that we had to drive over. In a regular car, that wouldn’t have been a problem. But of course, things are always a little different when driving an almost 40 foot RV.

The back of our new 3 month old RV got stuck on the top of the dip. My dad couldn’t back up, and he couldn’t drive forward.

So we all were panicking.

 I didn’t want to hear people arguing, or freaking out. I’ve got a very active imagination, and when something like this happens, I almost automatically think the worst. “If he back up to much, he’ll end up in the lake” “If he drives forward to much, he’ll hit those cars” “If he gets stuck, we would have to call a really big tow truck”.

So I grabbed my 2 year old sister Violet, and sat down on a curb. I started praying instantly, hoping that someone would come along and help. One of the things I like to do when something like this happens, is to sing some sort of worship song. They usually calm me down, and a lot of times, it’s like a prayer.

I sat there, softly singing Oceans by Hillsong, which calmed me down just like I expected.

And when I went back over to the RV a few minutes, they had some other guy helping them, and some idea that seemed like it would work. Now, of course, this was exactly what I was praying a minute ago.  I thanked God, and a few minutes later, the RV was backed out safely.

 So where is God, when things don’t go as you expected? Or when your mind is full of worry? He is right there, waiting for the correct moment to reveal Himself.  Sometimes, this is right away, sometimes He takes His time. But when He does show Himself, it is amazing, and right on time.

 Several times in my life, I’ve been stressed out about something, or I didn’t understand something and was upset at God. A few days or months later, I realize Gods greater picture.

I remember last fall, I was really upset. When I was 13, I decided to save my first kiss for my husband. Then, at almost 16, I was feeling like there was no hope of finding a guy that would do the same. I had never met anyone at all who had the same ambitions as me, much less a guy.  So that night, I prayed and cried and asked God to help me endure this season of waiting.  Then, the next day at youth group, my youth pastor told us that she was saving her first kiss.

I was so overjoyed! God answered my prayer in one of the best ways possible! I went home that night, with a new sense of determination. I was going to wait, and God would be with me.  

There have been several times when I felt confused and didn’t understand why God would allow that to happen. I still don’t. God never leaves though, and His plan is always perfect, even if we don’t understand.

One of my favorite verses is Matthew 6:34. It says “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself”

God knows how your whole life will pan out, but he also knows how you’ll overcome all the obstacles that cross your path, whether great or small.  He knows how tomorrow will be, just as he knows how your last day will be. There is no need to worry, for you are in the palm of His hands!

 I’ll be back next month when it’s my turn again, and I’ll be looking toward then! Comment below your favorite verse about worrying, or your story about God’s timing. 

Love, Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment