Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Who Am I? Part 1: Without Christ



In the past year, I’ve learned a lot about my identity with- and without- Christ.  And he is still teaching me today.

It sort of started with the Matthew West song “Hello, My Name Is”- I found strength in that song, and it was just a fun song in general.

But what I had to learn first was who I am- or was- without Christ.

In John 4:10b, Jesus says that he is the living water, in John 6:35 he tells us he is the bread of life, and in John 14:3 he says he is preparing a home for us in heaven.

And without God we don’t have any of those things- and you know what that makes us?  Homeless, hungry, and thirsty.  Sure, we have physical food, water, and shelter- but without God we have none of those things in eternity.

Without God we are also broken, dirty, sinful, wounded, lonely, and desolate.

But thank the Lord he didn’t stop there- he sent his son to save us, to heal us, to clean us, to commune with us, and to fill us up.
I am lower than low without Christ, but that shouldn't discourage us- in fact it should teach us humility to remember that we are nothing without the God we love and serve.

And who are we when we are in Christ?  Come back next week to find out J

Thanks for reading!
With love, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment